Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has given his thoughts as the club enters the decisive phase of the transfer window.
The Gunners have been heavily linked with midfielders like Houssem Aouar and Thomas Partey this summer but they have not been able to agree on a deal for either player.
With time running out, the club will have to make some key decisions in the next three days.
Arteta claims that the window could define his side’s season and it will be interesting to see if the club hierarchy can deliver him the players he needs.
Speaking to the media during his pre-match presser, Arteta said: “I think it is a crucial moment because the end [of the window] defines the people, the players, the balance and the quality that you are going to have, probably, for the rest of the season.
“So we need to make some decisions in the next three days. I think everything has been delayed so much. It is not only us but also probably every team because of the context we are in at the moment.
“But we will try to make the best possible decisions and at the end whatever we have, we go for it fully convinced and prepared to have a good season.”
The Gunners are in desperate need of a playmaker and Aouar would be a sensational signing. He would add creativity, flair and imagination to Arsenal’s play.
Dani Ceballos changed the game for Arsenal when he came on against Liverpool in the last Premier League game and Arsenal need that craft in their starting lineup.
As for Partey, they could use a physical presence as well and the Atletico Madrid ace would be an ideal fit.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future