Arsenal will look to sign the Chelsea midfielder Jorginho before the transfer window closes.
The Gunners tried to sign Houssem Aouar from Lyon but the French club are not willing to cash in on the midfielder at this stage of the window anymore.
Jorginho is well-settled at Chelsea and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can persuade them to sell the former Napoli star.
The 28-year-old could prove to be a quality addition to Arteta’s midfield. The Gunners need a midfield controller like him and Jorginho would be the ideal partner for someone like Xhaka.
Arsenal have already signed Willian from Chelsea this summer and it will be interesting to see if they can tempt the Italian international to to move to the Emirates too.
Jorginho would add calmness and composure to Arsenal’s play. His ability to recycle the possession and set the tempo of the game could transform Arsenal’s midfield.
Arsenal need to bring in a quality midfielder to truly challenge for a top four spot this year and the 28-year-old Chelsea ace could make a big difference for them.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper