Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney is all set to miss the Premier League clash with Manchester City after being ordered to self isolate for two weeks.
As per the official Arsenal website, Southampton player Stuart Armstrong tested positive for Coronavirus on international duty and as a result of that, the likes of Tierney will also have to follow the guidelines as he was in close contact with his compatriot.
It will be interesting to see how Arsenal cope without the young left back against Manchester City. Tierney has been a superb signing for them so far and Arteta will certainly miss his quality in the next game.
However, the international break means that the player is unlikely to miss multiple games and that is the only positive in this situation.
Kieran Tierney has released a statement regarding the situation and he said: “I’m so disappointed and frustrated to be in this situation. I have adhered to all regulations and made sure I was socially distancing from my team mates in the hotel. I’ve also tested negative. I know Arsenal and the SFA are now in discussions with the Scottish authorities to gain a further understanding.”
Other Premier League clubs are suffering because of the positive tests in the recent weeks and it remains to be seen how the situation unfolds now.
The likes of Liverpool have lost Xherdan Shaqiri, Sadio Mane and Thiago Alcantara after positive tests recently.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper