Arsenal are hoping to terminate Mesut Ozil’s contract before the January transfer window.
The German playmaker has not been a key starter for the Londoners ever since Mikel Arteta has been appointed as the manager.
The 31 year old is on massive wages and it is no surprise that Arsenal are looking to get him off their books.
Ozil earns £350,000 per week and he is not willing to agree on a reduced settlement.
The player is looking for £13 million payout and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal give in to his demands in the coming months.
Ozil can still be a very useful player for most teams across Europe and he should look to move on in such a regular first team football.
The World Cup winner is too good to sit on the bench for another year and it will be interesting to see if the two parties can sort out an agreement soon.
Arsenal are also better off investing the money on new players who can help them. It would be the best option for both parties if they decided to part ways soon.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper