Arsenal crashed to a 1-0 defeat against Manchester City in the Premier League yesterday but former Gunners star Ian Wright was left impressed with the performances of Dani Ceballos, Gabriel and Bukayo Saka.
He said (via Football London): “A couple of Arsenal players played well today, I thought Saka did well, [as did] Ceballos and Gabriel.”
Raheem Sterling scored the only goal of the game on the 23rd minute but Arsenal did well to put pressure on the home side throughout the game.
The Gunners have improved a lot since the arrival of Mikel Arteta and they have done well against several top teams in the last few months.
The Spaniard will be reasonably pleased with his team’s performance against a squad like Manchester City and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can continue to develop and improve in the coming months.
Gabriel signed for the London giants earlier this summer and he has been quite impressive in the Premier League so far.
Arsenal needed to improve their defensive unit at the start of the season an Arteta will be delighted with how well Gabriel has settled in so far.
Ceballos has looked good since his return to the club as well. At times, he has looked like the only creator in Arsenal’s midfield. He managed to add some craft to the Gunners’ play yesterday.
Similarly, Saka has shown his prodigious talent so far and he will only get better with experience.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper