Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil’s agent has now hit out at manager Mikel Arteta for not being truthful regarding his exclusion from the squad.
The German was left out of Arsenal’s Premier League and European squad earlier this month and his agent believes that the fans deserved an honest explanation from the manager.
He also claimed that Arteta has not been fair, honest or transparent.
His agent said (via Guardian): “Arsenal fans deserve an honest explanation, not [Arteta] saying: ‘I failed Özil’. You didn’t fail Özil: you failed to be fair, honest and transparent and treat someone with respect who has a contract and was loyal all the time.
“Every single person outside knows he hasn’t treated him fairly. He didn’t give him a chance to show himself this season. If he is still under contract, the player should have the option to fight for his place. Mesut hasn’t been given that.”
Furthermore, he went on to claim that the midfielder should be given a fair chance to fight for his place in the side because he is contracted to the club.
Mesut Ozil will be a free agent at the end of this season and it will be interesting to see if the 32 year old decides to leave the London club in January in search of regular first team football.
He has not played for Arsenal since March and he is unlikely to play for them anytime soon.
A move away from the Premier League club would be the best option for the former World Cup winner and it will be interesting to see how the next few months unfold.
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas
- Gabriel opens up on his decision to join Arsenal