Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil’s agent has now hit out at manager Mikel Arteta for not being truthful regarding his exclusion from the squad.
The German was left out of Arsenal’s Premier League and European squad earlier this month and his agent believes that the fans deserved an honest explanation from the manager.
He also claimed that Arteta has not been fair, honest or transparent.
His agent said (via Guardian): “Arsenal fans deserve an honest explanation, not [Arteta] saying: ‘I failed Özil’. You didn’t fail Özil: you failed to be fair, honest and transparent and treat someone with respect who has a contract and was loyal all the time.
“Every single person outside knows he hasn’t treated him fairly. He didn’t give him a chance to show himself this season. If he is still under contract, the player should have the option to fight for his place. Mesut hasn’t been given that.”
Furthermore, he went on to claim that the midfielder should be given a fair chance to fight for his place in the side because he is contracted to the club.
Mesut Ozil will be a free agent at the end of this season and it will be interesting to see if the 32 year old decides to leave the London club in January in search of regular first team football.
He has not played for Arsenal since March and he is unlikely to play for them anytime soon.
A move away from the Premier League club would be the best option for the former World Cup winner and it will be interesting to see how the next few months unfold.
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing Arsenal vice-captain Hector Bellerin
- Predicted Arsenal line-up For Europa League game against Benfica
- Premier League Preview: Arsenal vs Leeds United
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai