Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has turned down the club’s offer of a contract extension.
The 28-year-old is out of contract at the end of this season and he is already planning for a future away from Arsenal.
The defender has already informed the club that he plans to leave at the end of the current season.
Mustafi joined Arsenal four years ago from Valencia for a fee of around £35 million but he has not been able to show his true potential in the Premier League.
The German has been unreliable and error prone at the back an Arsenal are unlikely to miss him a lot if and when he moves on.
The Gunners have two talented young defenders in the form of Gabriel and Saliba. They should look to build their defensive unit around the two young defenders.
Both players are immensely talented and they are more than capable of replacing the likes of David Luiz and Shkodran Mustafi.
Apparently the 28 year old Arsenal defender is said to be keen on a move to Italy so that he can be close to his family.
It will be interesting to see where the German defender ends up at the end of this season.
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas
- Gabriel opens up on his decision to join Arsenal