Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has turned down the club’s offer of a contract extension.
The 28-year-old is out of contract at the end of this season and he is already planning for a future away from Arsenal.
The defender has already informed the club that he plans to leave at the end of the current season.
Mustafi joined Arsenal four years ago from Valencia for a fee of around £35 million but he has not been able to show his true potential in the Premier League.
The German has been unreliable and error prone at the back an Arsenal are unlikely to miss him a lot if and when he moves on.
The Gunners have two talented young defenders in the form of Gabriel and Saliba. They should look to build their defensive unit around the two young defenders.
Both players are immensely talented and they are more than capable of replacing the likes of David Luiz and Shkodran Mustafi.
Apparently the 28 year old Arsenal defender is said to be keen on a move to Italy so that he can be close to his family.
It will be interesting to see where the German defender ends up at the end of this season.
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing Arsenal vice-captain Hector Bellerin
- Predicted Arsenal line-up For Europa League game against Benfica
- Premier League Preview: Arsenal vs Leeds United
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai