Arsenal paid £45 million for Thomas Partey during the summer transfer window and the 27 year old has looked like a fantastic investment so far.
He will be hoping to build on this impressive start to life at Arsenal in the coming months and the midfielder has claimed that he wants to improve his game even further.
It seems that the 27 year old wants to become a more complete player.
Partey revealed in an interview that he wants to defend like the former Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien and attacks like the former Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure.
“I like to be both defensive and offensive. I know whenever I am in the opposite area, I have chances for a goal and I think defensively, I want to be stronger,” he told Sky Sports.
“I want to attack like Yaya Toure and defend like Michael Essien so to have both qualities is good.
It will be interesting to see how he improves under Arteta’s management in the coming months and the fans will certainly be excited to watch him develop.
Partey’s defensive side of the game is already good and he will have to improve his offensive skill set in order to influence the game like Toure did.
Toure was arguably one of the best midfielders to have graced the Premier League and Partey will have to improve a lot to reach his level.
It will be interesting to see if he can add goals and assists to his game in the coming months.
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas
- Gabriel opens up on his decision to join Arsenal