Arsenal have been linked with a move for the Cruz Azul winger Orbelin Pineda.
The 24 year old is highly rated in Mexican football and he was close to joining Manchester City back in 2016.
Apparently, the likes of Tottenham, Wolves, Everton, Southampton, Newcastle and West Ham United are keeping tabs on the Mexican international as well.
It will be interesting to see if Arsenal make their move for the talented winger when the transfer window reopens in January.
There is no doubt that they could use some creativity and flair from the wide areas and Orbelin could prove to be a smart addition.
Club record signing Nicolas Pepe is he yet to show his true potential at Arsenal and bringing in another winger will add more competition to the side. Pepe needs someone to push him for the starting berth.
The Mexican has scored eight goals and picked up seven assists in his 68 appearances for Cruz Azul so far.
Other European clubs like Ajax, Porto and Monaco have looked at the winger in the recent months as well.
It will be interesting to see where the 24 year old ends up eventually.
If the likes of Arsenal come calling for the winger in January, he might be tempted to make the move. The chance to join a Premier League club is often hard to turn down.
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas
- Gabriel opens up on his decision to join Arsenal