Former Arsenal star Martin Keown has claimed that midfielder Joe Willock might need a loan spell in order to continue his development and fulfil his potential.
The 21-year-old was outstanding against Molde in the Europa League earlier this month and he needs to play regular first-team football in order to continue his development.
Arsenal have plenty of options in the midfield right now and Willock will struggle to get regular game time at the club. It will be interesting to see if the midfielder decides to go out on loan when the transfer window reopens in January.
A player of his talent cannot afford to waste a season on the bench and it will be interesting to see how the situation unfolds in the coming weeks.
Willock is highly rated at the club an Arsenal should look to find a solution that benefits the players growth and development.
The midfielder has the potential to develop into a top-class player for Arsenal in future and a loan move in January would be the best option for him.
“He wants to make the difference, he’s got great technique and drive and they need to make use of that for the first time,” Keown said.
“He’s finding the extra gears and he’s maturing nicely. If he’s not getting the chances, is he going to have to go on loan? We don’t know. He’s going to let the manager decide.
“The shape – they now want to play two, Elneny and Partey in that five. If he wants a third player Willock has to come into his thinking. He’s got to be one of the first on the list to put those two under pressure.
“We have to work out a pathway for him to get in that first-team if he has to go on loan – he’s not far away from getting it right.”
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing Arsenal vice-captain Hector Bellerin
- Predicted Arsenal line-up For Europa League game against Benfica
- Premier League Preview: Arsenal vs Leeds United
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai