Brazilian defender Gabriel Magalhaes has explained that joining Arsenal was a dream for him and he did not think twice when the Gunners approached him about a move to London.
The 22-year-old defender signed for Arsenal for a fee of £25 million in the summer and he has been quite impressive for the London club.
Gabriel has also managed to win the club’s player of the month award for September and November for his assured performances at the back.
The defender explained that he has been watching Arsenal for years and it is a massive club with history. Gabriel also explained how special it is for him to play for a club of this stature and the move has helped him realise a childhood dream.
He said: “I was trying not to hear too much about transfer speculation because you always end up thinking about everything that’s going on.
“After Arsenal came into the equation, he told me about other clubs that were interested, but I chose Arsenal because it was a dream for me. It’s a club that I really like and always watched on TV, with fantastic history.
“Arsenal is a huge club, one of the biggest in the world, and I told my agent from the start that if Arsenal came in for me, I wanted to wear the shirt, play at the stadium and feel the fans’ support because it’s a club I’ve always watched.
“I’m now very pleased to be here today alongside top players. It’s a childhood dream of mine.”
The Brazilian is still quite young for a defender and he will continue to improve with coaching and experience. He has all the tools to develop into a world-class defender in future and the fans will certainly be excited to see him develop over the next few years.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future