Arsenal are all set to sign Omar Rekik from Hertha Berlin when the transfer window reopens in January.
The 18-year-old was expected to sign for the Gunners earlier on in the summer but the deal collapsed on the deadline day.
However, the terms of the transfer have been agreed between all parties and the move will go through in January.
The highly talented centre back is expected to train with the first team when the transfer is complete.
Arsenal are thought to be keen on sending him back to the Bundesliga on a loan deal so that he can continue his development with regular first team football.
Omar Rekik is highly rated in the Bundesliga and he has a big future ahead of him. If Arsenal can monitor his development properly, he could prove to be a quality long term investment for them.
Arsenal have done well to improve their defensive unit by investing in quality young defenders like Saliba and Gabriel. The arrival of Rekik will only further strengthen the defensive unit at the London club.
It will be interesting to see whether the youngster goes out on loan after completing the move or joins up with the club’s under-23 squad. He is not ready for the Premier League just yet and Rekik will need some time to adapt to English football.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper