Arsenal have made a miserable start to the English Premier League this season and they will be hoping to turn their season around during the second half of the campaign.
With the January transfer window just around the corner, this is a great opportunity for Arsenal and Mikel Arteta to plug the gaps in their squad and put together a winning run.
Arsenal are in desperate need of reinforcements and it will be interesting to see if they can find the right additions next month.
Here at Arsenal Action, we look at the latest transfer rumours and the three main positions that need strengthening in January.
Arsenal signed Gabriel Magalhaes in the summer and the Brazilian has done an impressive job so far but he needs a reliable partner alongside him and the likes of David Luiz and Shkodran Mustafi have failed to deliver.
Youngster William Saliba has not managed to win Mikel Arteta’s trust and he is yet to get an opportunity at the London club.
The Gunners must look to bring in a quality centre back next month.
Arsenal have struggled to create chances this season and they have managed to score just 12 goals in 14 Premier League games so far.
It is evident that they are lacking a player like Mesut Ozil who can link the midfield with their attack.
They were linked with the RB Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai in the recent months but the player has signed for RB Leipzig instead.
Arteta must look to find a quality attacking midfielder or give Mesut Ozil the chance to prove his worth once again.
Arsenal are in desperate need of a winger who can inject pace and flair into their attack.
The likes of Willian have been quite poor so far and Arteta must look to add more quality in the wide areas.
Nicolas Pepe is currently the only first-team winger available along with Willian and the Gunners need more options in that area.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future