Last season’s Champions League finalists Paris Saint-Germain are said to be interested in acquiring the services of Hector Bellerin.
The Spain international has not been at his best since he made a return to football after a serious ACL injury against Chelsea in January 2019. Gone are the days when the 25-year-old used to create havoc at the opposition’s left side with his lung-bursting drives back and forth. Bellerin’s pace and athleticism are a thing of the past, not the present.
Having been in North London since 2011, the Barcelona academy graduate was keen to test the waters elsewhere last summer. PSG were genuinely interested, but their loan offer with an option to buy the player for £25 million was rejected by the North London outfit.
Arsenal are said to be interested in Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey
Arsenal may be tempted to listen to offers for Bellerin, with a view of bringing in a more pacey player with great potential. They have been linked with Norwich City’s Max Aarons and Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey.
Even though the Barcelona-born defender’s form improved gradually this season, he has barely made a genuine impact for Mikel Arteta’s team.
With two years left on his contract in the summer, Arsenal must make bold decisions. If they have the ambition to be back among Europe’s “big boys.”
Article by Yash Bisht.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper