Arsenal are believed to be interested in a swap deal involving Hector Bellerin and Barcelona’s Junior Firpo, according to Football.London.
Firpo is seen as a perfect competition for Kieran Tierney for the left-back slot. And given he is just 24-years-old, he will have vast potential and sell-on value. The former Betis man has just played 719 minutes of football this season and thus would be relishing a chance to move abroad in search for more first-team opportunities.
Whereas, Bellerin has had an underwhelming campaign. The Gunners have repeatedly looked at other options. Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey and Norwich’s Max Aarons are tipped to replace the former La Masia Academy graduate.
Bellerin has looked jaded this season, most recently against Man City
Bellerin attracted strong interest from PSG last summer but was ultimately persuaded to stay at North London by his former teammate and now manager Mikel Arteta.
First-choice right back and a cover-up for left back looks like a priority of Arsenal. Considering the players who have been recently linked to a switch to the Emirates.
The acquisition of Cedric Soares was also completed to push Bellerin to his limits. But that trick is believed to have not worked.
Both, Firpo and Bellerin, are not in the best books at their respective clubs. Due to the pandemic, where finances have been severely hit, a swap deal would be an attractive proposition for all the parties involved.
Article by Yash Bisht.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper