Arsenal target Sebastien Bassong is in talks with local rivals tottenham.
Bassong, 23, joined Newcastle from French club Metz in July 2008 and is expected to cost at least £8m.
Bassong recently said “My agent told me about Arsenal’s interest. But I don’t think now is the moment to speak about Arsenal”
Tottenham have now made their move and some reports coming out of london today say that Bassong has already undergone a medical with the North London club.
I think if Arsenal really wanted Bassong we would have moved for him before we signed Thomas Vermaelen. And he cant be that good if Newcastle went down with him at the heart of their back 4..
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper