Arsenal target Sebastien Bassong is in talks with local rivals tottenham.
Bassong, 23, joined Newcastle from French club Metz in July 2008 and is expected to cost at least £8m.
Bassong recently said “My agent told me about Arsenal’s interest. But I don’t think now is the moment to speak about Arsenal”
Tottenham have now made their move and some reports coming out of london today say that Bassong has already undergone a medical with the North London club.
I think if Arsenal really wanted Bassong we would have moved for him before we signed Thomas Vermaelen. And he cant be that good if Newcastle went down with him at the heart of their back 4..
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games