When wenger said we came VERY,VERY CLOSE to signing a player before the transfer window, it got people thinking to who it was? Was it a striker?…. Well according to the Telegraph it was goal keeper Thomas Sorensen. Full report ( HERE )
It is reported that Wenger has lost confidence in Manuel Almunia and is now on the hunt for a new number one but failed to sign Thomas Sorensen from Stoke City on deadline day.
For me Im happy that Wenger has finaly seen that Almunia is not good enought to be number one, but not sure about Sorensen who is also known for the odd mistake.
Maybe Wenger will go back for him in the summer?….
Debate this more on the forum www.arsenalaction.com
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper