Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood confirmed that the club are looking at the Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer (37)
Hil-Wood told “The Star”
We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away.
We can only hope they will change their minds, but at the moment it doesn’t look like it.
Apparently our bid of around £3m was turned down by Fulham.
But is a 37 year old keeper the answer to our goalkeeping problems? And at £4m are we going to get much in return? How many more years has Schwarzer got at the top?.. Has he even played at the top before?
Personally I would rather us signed Rob Green (30)
I know that Wenger regards Wojciech Szczesny(20) as a future number 1, and that the signing of an experienced keeper to cover until he is ready could be the thinking in signing Schwarzer. But £4m for a 37 year old??
Ben Foster(27) has just signed for Birmingham City for the same price and is TEN YEARS YOUNGER!….And is Schwarzer the best we can do? Im sure there are better keeper then him out there?..(Loris/Akineev/Gordon)
There is no doubt that Wenger is looking at signing a keeper this summer… But who would you like to see?
Debate this more on our forum ( HERE )
- Lucas Torreira looking to leave Arsenal permanently
- Mesut Ozil believes exclusion from Arsenal squad is because of the club’s commercial interests in China
- Opinion: Best young players Arsenal can buy in January
- Mesut Ozil reacts to his exclusion from Arsenal’s Premier League squad
- Arsenal Roundup: Mesut Ozil axed from squad, Agent confirms bid for winger
- Arsenal linked with a move for Bayern Munich midfielder
- Ian Wright heaps praise on Arsenal trio after Man City defeat
- Former scout reveals Arsenal were “very, very close” to signing Lionel Messi
- Arsenal plotting January move for Man Utd target Pau Torres
- Mikel Arteta reacts as the FA reject Project Big Picture proposal