Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood confirmed that the club are looking at the Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer (37)
Hil-Wood told “The Star”
We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away.
We can only hope they will change their minds, but at the moment it doesn’t look like it.
Apparently our bid of around £3m was turned down by Fulham.
But is a 37 year old keeper the answer to our goalkeeping problems? And at £4m are we going to get much in return? How many more years has Schwarzer got at the top?.. Has he even played at the top before?
Personally I would rather us signed Rob Green (30)
I know that Wenger regards Wojciech Szczesny(20) as a future number 1, and that the signing of an experienced keeper to cover until he is ready could be the thinking in signing Schwarzer. But £4m for a 37 year old??
Ben Foster(27) has just signed for Birmingham City for the same price and is TEN YEARS YOUNGER!….And is Schwarzer the best we can do? Im sure there are better keeper then him out there?..(Loris/Akineev/Gordon)
There is no doubt that Wenger is looking at signing a keeper this summer… But who would you like to see?
Debate this more on our forum ( HERE )
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper