Tottenham look set to have beaten the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd in the race to sign Simon Kjaer. Reports this morning comfirmed that Palermo have accepted a €35m-bid for Defender Simon Kjaer and Striker Edinson Cavani
“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave,” Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini told Sky Italia television, stressing that the Serie A club would reinvest the money received from Spurs.
Danish centre-back Kjaer enjoyed two outstanding seasons at Palermo, helping them to finish fifth in Serie A last season, narrowly missing out on Champions League football.
Kjaer, 21, is highly-rated as one of Europe’s most promising defenders and was a summer target of Arsenal and Manchester Utd, his arrival at White Hart Lane would be a major statement of intent from Redknapp.
Debate this more on the forum [ HERE ]
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper