Tottenham look set to have beaten the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd in the race to sign Simon Kjaer. Reports this morning comfirmed that Palermo have accepted a €35m-bid for Defender Simon Kjaer and Striker Edinson Cavani
“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave,” Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini told Sky Italia television, stressing that the Serie A club would reinvest the money received from Spurs.
Danish centre-back Kjaer enjoyed two outstanding seasons at Palermo, helping them to finish fifth in Serie A last season, narrowly missing out on Champions League football.
Kjaer, 21, is highly-rated as one of Europe’s most promising defenders and was a summer target of Arsenal and Manchester Utd, his arrival at White Hart Lane would be a major statement of intent from Redknapp.
Debate this more on the forum [ HERE ]
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?