Theo Walcott struck a late winner as Arsenal edged out Brighton & Hove Albion 3-2 in an exciting FA Cup tie at the Amex Stadium.
Olivier Giroud broke the deadlock for the Gunners with a fabulous finish in the 16th minute, only for Ashley Barnes to draw Brighton level before half-time.
Another fine strike by Giroud was cancelled out by Jose Ulloa as Brighton again hit back to make it 2-2, but Walcott’s deflected strike five minutes from time took the Gunners through to the fifth round.
- Arsenal Ratings
Szczesny (6) Made a great early save mins before we took the lead. But was at fault for the 1st goal.
Mertesacker (6.5) Looked in control at the back but was day dreaming for the 2nd goal.
Koscielny (6) Pace gets him out of trouble but he is prone to the odd mistake.
Santos (3)Very poor yet again by the Brazilian Andy Reid. Everything he did today was pathetic. £6m flop!
Jenkinson (7)Played well and looked the part.
Diaby (6) dwelling on the ball at times but good to see him play the full 90mins.
Rosicky (5) Not match fit
Oxlade-Chamberlain (5)Looks to have put on 2 stone. Not getting enough playing time and looks off the pace.
Ramsey (6)Did the job but wasteful with his passing
Podolski (7)Played well again and also played the full 90mins
Giroud (9) Our best player by a mile. 2 great goals and starting to look the part.
Walcott (7.5) Great pace and made us look more dangerous on the break. Scored the winner via a deflection
Wilshere (7) Came on and controlled the middle of the park
Gibbs (6.5) Anything is better then Santos
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games