Theo Walcott struck a late winner as Arsenal edged out Brighton & Hove Albion 3-2 in an exciting FA Cup tie at the Amex Stadium.
Olivier Giroud broke the deadlock for the Gunners with a fabulous finish in the 16th minute, only for Ashley Barnes to draw Brighton level before half-time.
Another fine strike by Giroud was cancelled out by Jose Ulloa as Brighton again hit back to make it 2-2, but Walcott’s deflected strike five minutes from time took the Gunners through to the fifth round.
- Arsenal Ratings
Szczesny (6) Made a great early save mins before we took the lead. But was at fault for the 1st goal.
Mertesacker (6.5) Looked in control at the back but was day dreaming for the 2nd goal.
Koscielny (6) Pace gets him out of trouble but he is prone to the odd mistake.
Santos (3)Very poor yet again by the Brazilian Andy Reid. Everything he did today was pathetic. £6m flop!
Jenkinson (7)Played well and looked the part.
Diaby (6) dwelling on the ball at times but good to see him play the full 90mins.
Rosicky (5) Not match fit
Oxlade-Chamberlain (5)Looks to have put on 2 stone. Not getting enough playing time and looks off the pace.
Ramsey (6)Did the job but wasteful with his passing
Podolski (7)Played well again and also played the full 90mins
Giroud (9) Our best player by a mile. 2 great goals and starting to look the part.
Walcott (7.5) Great pace and made us look more dangerous on the break. Scored the winner via a deflection
Wilshere (7) Came on and controlled the middle of the park
Gibbs (6.5) Anything is better then Santos
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future