Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere was caught smoking outside a London nightclub last night and this didnt go down very well with the gaffer.
Some of the beautiful game’s best players have been caught taking up the ugly habit, but is it such a drama that a footballer smokes?.
Arsene Wenger said “I disagree completely with that behaviour. I need to have a chat with him about that. There are two things. First of all, when you are a footballer you are an example, and [second], you don’t do what damages your health,”
However some of the greatest footballers to ever lace up a pair of boots have been known to enjoy a fag.
Both footballing greats Johan Cruyff & Socrates smoked 20 a day.
Before France’s 2006 World Cup semi final with Portugal Zinedine Zidane was seen having a smoke.
Mario Balotelli, Ashley Cole, William Gallas are all known to enjoy the odd smoke.
My feeling is that a “professional sportsman” should do everything to ensure they maintain the ability to play at the highest level. Will Smoking prevent that?..Highly likely.
A few photos of players smoking
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?