Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere was caught smoking outside a London nightclub last night and this didnt go down very well with the gaffer.
Some of the beautiful game’s best players have been caught taking up the ugly habit, but is it such a drama that a footballer smokes?.
Arsene Wenger said “I disagree completely with that behaviour. I need to have a chat with him about that. There are two things. First of all, when you are a footballer you are an example, and [second], you don’t do what damages your health,”
However some of the greatest footballers to ever lace up a pair of boots have been known to enjoy a fag.
Both footballing greats Johan Cruyff & Socrates smoked 20 a day.
Before France’s 2006 World Cup semi final with Portugal Zinedine Zidane was seen having a smoke.
Mario Balotelli, Ashley Cole, William Gallas are all known to enjoy the odd smoke.
My feeling is that a “professional sportsman” should do everything to ensure they maintain the ability to play at the highest level. Will Smoking prevent that?..Highly likely.
A few photos of players smoking
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas