Arsenal fans MUST Boycott the new kit & season ticket renewals

1. MattD

April 6, 2011 at 4:28 pm

If this is the reaction to being second in the EPL when,pre-season,all the pundits said we’d do well to finish in the top eight, how would all these loudmouths have behaved in the sixties when we were really crap and nearly relegated? Or when we went eighteen years and only won Quizball on TV; or the eighties when we went nearly the decade winning nothing; or the nineties when we won next to bugger-all and were playing rubbish under GG? Yes there are players of less than acceptable quality but to sell them and replace them with the names being bandied about would cost more than Chelsea and Man City combined have spent. Always assuming their Clubs would sell them to us of course. Yes AW has made mistakes but even the Manc curmudgeon has made quite a few. ith a couple of really good additions, we have a squad capable of doing great things. By all means boo if you have to (even The Invincibles were booed a few times by their own fans) but don’t give up on AW. Remember the old saying ‘Be careful what you wish for.’

2. J

April 10, 2011 at 11:12 am

You are in the top 2. So why boycott your season tickets if u win the premier league.

3. Louis

April 12, 2011 at 1:40 pm

The arsene youth project would be fantastic if he had mixed experienced quality with talented youngsters coming up through the ranks but instead he dismantled the 2004 invincibles way too fast and the result, talented youngsters with nobody to push them to reach the next stage of development.

I think arsene has done well since he took charge and given us so many great memories but the thing that has always annoyed me is that he appears more and more at ease with being a runner up. If the bank balance is healthy and we are able to muster half a decent premiership challenge then he is happy enough. Chelsea don’t have that attitude, Man utd certainly don’t so why do the arsenal?

I’m on the fence a little with boycotting the new kit and season tickets only because I don’t want it to hurt our club (which as stated in the article was around long before wenger) when its the manager causing the frustration. I understand the ‘hurt the wallet’ idea but arsene has prooved himself to be even more stubborn when under the kosh so I think in that situation he would be unlikely to respond favourably and I doubt the board will get rid of him. Don’t get me wrong though something needs to change and I haven’t heard any better ideas.

Come the end of this season I’ll think long and hard before renewing.

4. Tbam

May 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm

You are whats wrong with modern day football supporters. Boycotting buying a shirt season tickets? Yeah, good luck with that one.

What, as Arsenal supporters, do we have to moan about? Nothing. We are one of the best teams in the world, playing the game the way it should be played. Anyone with money can throw the cash about for some quick success.

Do you ever stop to think about all the other teams and fans that never win ANYTHING season after season in the EPL? These teams and fans are just happy to be playing and supporting their club and achieving the best they can. If football was all about winning, then 95% of the teams in England would have no supporters.

Grow up and get behind your team. Wenger has done more for this club than ANY other manager before him. I think the club should boycott you as a supporter. This is not support.

5. bryn

May 7, 2011 at 11:46 am

wenger u either buy for the club rossi or nene(psg) or then leave our club

6. Dan

August 24, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I agree with the Arsenal boycott it is evident we are lacking a cutting edge. Now with fab and nasri and gael gone where are the replacements. Gervinhio looks solid and they talk big of myachi but what about the defense we have weakened with the departure of gael we need another striker and 2 defenders im more than happy with the keeper but we also need added competition all around the park. The main thing for me is that arsenal has so much money and so much support but the cash goes to the directors and the supporters go home crying. we have 60m to spend but arsene wants us to believe there is no value for money but you see teams like tottenham buying good players and adding depth to there squad but why not arsenal. even if we do buy before the close of the transfer season those players still need time to gel with the team which will take time and points. Man united got it right by buying early and settling the players in the pre season games. should we not qualify for the champions league this season or the next the appeal of the club for top quality players will be completely lost. we need to take action and let the club owners know that we wont pay until they do. I love this club but something needs to be done to get us challenging for trophies again.

7. HowBoutNow

January 27, 2012 at 7:08 am

farewell RVP i guess theo will get his chance out front he will be one of our senior players next year! it maybe to late but i really did think the fate of a club rest on the fans and not people who consider money as entertainment. I want champions league football and another chance to win trophies at the highest tier. The board wants a midtable selling club that promotes from within. I watch arsenal play every week I wonder if the board members enjoy watching us loose to the likes of swansea (no offence well played to them) but swansea? who is swansea? 2 years from now we may be relegated while QPR and swansea take 6th and 7th respectively! Not my arsenal i say their are plenty of wars to be fought but this is a battle all true Gooners should take arms to. Im arsenal till I die its time our board members reflected the fans they represent!!!

8. Daniel

November 12, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I agree with the boycott you may say i am not a good fan but for me i dont mind if we win or not so much, what hurts is the fact that we sell our best players time and time again and wenger and the board try to convince us that we are still just as good when its clear to all with eyes that we are not. im many things but im no fool where is the money going it should be invested to keep our club on top not to pay management and the owners stupid sums of money. come on guys let the guys on top know that WE own this club without the supporters where would the club be? Balance the reality of the club with the expectation of the fans

9. Derek Nowak

August 21, 2013 at 4:35 pm

What we ACTUALLY need is a kit like the one you have a picture of. The black scarves are great, but if fans started wearing jerseys which said – “Are Emirates as cheap as Arsenal?” or “Love arsenal, Lothe Gazidis”, do you think the sponsors wouldn’t react? Don’t boycott games – the team needs support. Not buying jerseys will have too small an impact. Wearing jerseys that DON’T include the sponsor, if worn in large numbers and at games, will have more impact than a scarf ever could.

Are there jerseys like that to be bought? If I was in the UK I would make them – good business opportunity that helps the club at the end of the day.